What is a Beam Drill Line?
Beam drill lines are important tools in medium to large-sized structural fabrication shops. Beam drill lines accurately drill holes in a variety of steel profiles at different lengths with CNC controlled programming. These machines eliminate the need to manually chalk or layout the positions and produce the hole by hand with a mag drill, punch, or plasma. This cumbersome process can take weeks and multiple employees to do the job. A beam drill line eliminates manual layout and the associated errors.
The FlexBeam is a newly launched machine tool developed for fast, accurate, and economic production of steel profiles. This machine is an efficient beam processing solution for small to medium-sized fab shops, looking to take on larger jobs.
What Makes the FlexBeam Unique?
- – Automatic tool changer with 6 positions
- – 10” stroke on the x-axis while product is clamped (for x-axis milling operations)
- – Intuitive programming using the Drill Cam Software
- – 2-axis interpolation on X/Y-axis, 3 axis interpolation for helical milling (X/Y/Z-axis)
- – High precision linear rails provide added rigidity and precision
- – Equipped with the latest generation industrial PC-control, servodrivers, and servomotors produced by OMRON.
- – More space efficient than conventional beam drill lines that use conveyors to feed the material through a stationary machine
Is the FlexBeam Right for My Shop?
- – Do you drill or mill holes in a variety of steel profiles?
- – Are you looking for a faster and cheaper way to do it?
- – Do you currently have to layout hole positions and then produce the holes with a mag drill, punch, or plasma?
- – Are you interested in a machine that can drill, mill, and scribe/engrave?
- – Do you have to turn away jobs because you cannot process the larger and heavier profiles?
- – Are you struggling to land steel fabricating jobs in your market?
- – Would you like to take on larger jobs?
- – Do you want to make a larger profit?