Handheld grinders are essential tools in metalworking environments, but using them can be taxing and tiring for the user. With companies striving to minimize lost time due to injuries, ergonomic solutions such as tool counterbalance arms and torque reaction arms have become more crucial than ever.
five compelling reasons to start using tool counterbalance arms
1. Boost productivity
- One of the most significant benefits of a tool counterbalance arm is it allows operators to work longer without feeling fatigued. By making even heavy tools feel weightless, counterbalancing arms enable operators to work with more powerful grinders safely and efficiently. This translates into increased productivity, as operators can complete tasks more quickly and accurately without the need for frequent breaks.
2. Reduce or eliminate many common grinding-related injuries
- Grinding tools can be heavy and unwieldy, leading to injuries such as wrist strain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and even back problems. A counterbalancing arm takes the strain off the operator’s body, reducing the risk of tool-related injuries and associated medical costs. You can keep your employees healthy and on the job while reducing the likelihood of expensive workers’ compensation claims.
3. Minimize tool damage and grinding disc usage
- Dropping a handheld grinder can cause significant damage and require costly repairs. Fortunately, a counterbalancing arm can prevent this by supporting the tool during use, reducing the risk of accidental drops. Additionally, by holding the tool in an optimal position, the arm reduces grinding disc usage, leading to cost savings over time.
4. Enhance employee satisfaction and reduce absenteeism
- When employees feel safe and comfortable while performing their job, they are more likely to be satisfied and less likely to miss work due to injury or illness. With the ability to operate the tool for extended periods, employees can work more effectively and efficiently. Additionally, restricted duty employees who were previously unable to perform the task without the aid of an arm can return to work, reducing the number of absenteeism cases.
5. Improved quality of work
- Finally, counterbalancing arms can improve the quality of your work. When operators only need to support a fraction of the tool’s weight, they can grind more precisely and accurately. This translates into higher quality work and better results for your business.
At Flex, we offer the FlexArm B-19-RG, the top accessory for grinding, quickly becoming the new best practice in facilities nationwide. With our non-restrictive tool counterbalance arm, operators can experience freedom of movement while saving on costs and reducing injuries.
If you want to learn more about how a tool counterbalance arm can benefit your operations, request a quote or call us at 1-800-837-2503. Our team would be happy to help you find a counterbalancing solution that reduces operator fatigue and injury while enhancing your bottom line.